Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Grind away

Christmas is over. I never really enjoyed Christmas. I hate god and jesus and all that bullshit. I never have the means to really show my friends and family how much I care. It's usually just an uncomfortable and stressful time.

This year was different though. I wasn't stressed. I wasn't uncomfortable. I felt right at home. I felt at peace. Kelsea and I got each other one gift. My family all agreed not to get each other anything but just share a nice, relaxed, dinner together. Kelsea's family was a lot of fun and I felt exceptionally comfortable there.

After 17 months of being unemployed I am returning to work on January 3rd. I'll definitely be out of place for a week or so but I am confident I will take it up quickly and be proficient at whatever task I am assigned. I feel that given enough time and proper instruction I can do anything and become good at it. Maybe not rockstar good, but above average good. I like to think, I like to construct, I like to make things. I like things to work. My buddy Douglas got me this job and I won't let him down. He has been an invaluable source of friendship and camaraderie.

I finally heard from the City of Dayton. I wasn't chosen for their February Police Academy. I'm 9 positions away for the next class though and I feel like that will actually do me some good. I can put in a good 9 months to a year at this new job and be ready to move on to my dream job, a police officer with the city of Dayton.

A new year is set to begin in 4 days. My goal -  zero credit card debt and a new vehicle. I'm going to work as hard as I can this entire year. Overtime, extra shifts, I don't care. I want succeed. I want to prosper. I want to earn a raise and put money in the bank. Pay off bills and buy nicer things.

I would have never dreamed that these words would have ebbed from my mind 5 years ago. Life was so care free then. I'm okay with it though. I kind of embrace it.


Oh yeah, I turn 22 in eleven days. wild

No comments:

Post a Comment